Thursday, September 22, 2011

20 sen 2002 get RM2000

20 sen 2002 can get RM2000 if you change it at the nearest bank? That sound like a good thing for everyone. Go and check your piggy bank who know you have plenty of 20 sen coins but before you break that piggy bank, make sure you read this, that is just a hoax/lie. Bank Negara Malaysia (BNM) share a Facebook notes statements that they have receive many questions and inquiries about this matter. This is untrue and baseless.

20 sen 2002

Original BNM Statement:
Kami menerima beberapa pertanyaan mengenai perkara ini. Kononnya jika seseorang mempunyai duit syiling 20 sen keluaran tahun 2002 dan mengembalikannya di bank akan menerima RM2000. Perkara ini adalah tidak benar dan tidak berasas. Harap orang ramai dapat mengambil perhatian dan sampaikan kepada rakan-rakan anda.

I think this issue is similar with the story of RM50 Merdeka can get you double value if you change it at BNM. You can read all about it in my post; tukar duit lama di BNM. Many Malaysian create fantasy story about Malaysia coins and banknotes. I still have readers email or sms me about sa-puloh ringgit with Agong watermark. To all people who want to double their money, why not buy Malaysia commemorative coin and banknote, I had done that and so far, I had double my money when I sell them few years later. You can join me and many of my collector friends in facebook too; Malaysia Coin Facebook page.