Yesterday, Bank Negara Malaysia (BNM) announced the availability of the online ordering facility for the sale of commemorative currencies issued by BNM. Members of the public can place their orders from 29 December 2017 until 19 January 2018 at 1.00 p.m.
The online ordering facility for the sale of:
- 60th Anniversary of the Signing of the Federation of Malaya Independence Agreement banknote
- The installation of His Majesty Seri Paduka Baginda Yang di-Pertuan Agong XV coins
- The 60th Anniversary of National Archives of Malaysia coins
Members of the public can place their orders at https://duit.bnm.gov.my from 29 December 2017 until 19 January 2018 at 1.00 p.m.
Members of the public are also advised to place their orders through the BNM online system and not with any other party or unauthorised ordering facilities.
To provide for fair distribution, there will be a purchase limit for each buyer, as follows:
Results will be announced on 25 January 2018 at www.bnm.gov.my and at Bank Negara Malaysia’s Museum and Art Gallery and the Bank’s offices in Pulau Pinang, Johor Bahru, Kota Kinabalu, Kuching and Kuala Terengganu.
In the event of oversubscription, balloting will be undertaken. All orders will be considered and there is no preference given to orders based on order date and time.
Successful buyers can pay for and collect their orders in two phases as follows:
25 January 2018 to 28 February 2018
- 60th Anniversary of the Signing of the Federation of Malaya Independence Agreement Commemorative Banknotes
- 60th Anniversary of National Archives of Malaysia Commemorative Coins
22 February 2018 to 28 February 2018
- Installation of His Majesty Seri Paduka Baginda Yang di-Pertuan Agong XV Sultan Muhammad V Commemorative Coins
Collection locations are at Bank Negara Malaysia’s Museum and Art Gallery (daily, including on weekends and public holidays) and at the Bank’s offices (business hours on normal work days).
Buyers have to present valid identification in person for collection (MyKad for Malaysians and Passport for non-Malaysians).