Trigometric Sdn Bhd has released their Trigometric Banknotes & Coins Auction 1/2015 catalog on Sunday February 8. The auction will be held at Hilton Hotel Petaling Jaya on Sunday 15 March 2015. A total of 338 lots of banknotes, coins and stamps will be available for the public to bid.
I meet Mr. Koay and Miss Farah from Trigometric Sdn Bhd on Sunday and asked them about their inaugural auction. They told me that this auction must obtain permission from Bank Negara Malaysia (BNM) for using images of currencies issued by BNM. It took some time to get approval from BNM. They also have some difficulties to find a hotel with a stable internet connection since their pick of the 1st Hotel can't maintain stable Internet connection. It is important for www.liveauctioneers.com internet bidding.
The registration and lot viewing for the auction will only be held on 13 and 14 March at their shop at Unit L3.27, Amcorp Mall. Some collectors might be thinking that they need to register now. You need to wait until 13 and 14 March for lot viewing and registration.
Auction will not be conducted by Mr. Koay or Miss Farah, Trigometric Sdn Bhd has appointed a group of professional auctioneers to help them for the auction part. They don't mention who the auctioneer or their company to me.
Mr. Koay advice collectors to come early on March 15 since only 150 seat will be available at the Serunai Suite, Hilton Hotel Petaling Jaya. The auction will start at 9.30am for banknotes (265 lots) and 1.30pm for coins (73 lots). Payment and collection for winning item will only held the next day on Monday 16 March 2015 at their office. Buyer premium is 15% for floor bid and 18% for liveauctioneers.com internet bidding. You can pay using cash or credit card but the charges for credit card is 3%.
A 1000 Ringgit 5th series Aziz Taha replacement note super low number ZZ0000001 graded by Paper Money Guaranty PMG 64 EPQ is one of the highlight of the auction. The super rare banknote is from the collection of Master Sifu KN Boon. The banknote is estimate to sell for RM120,000-RM250,000.
Another auction highlight is a pair of Malaya & British Borneo 1953 10 cents silver NGC PF66 and 1954 20 cents silver NGC PF67 CAMEO. The coins are from sets of proof coins in silver minted by Royal Mint for local authorities as specimens in 1955. A total of 4 sets of proof coins consisting of four denominations 50 cents, 20 cents, 10 cents and 5 cents. The coin sold by Champion Hong Kong Auction-Ultima Collection on 22nd August 2010 for USD$188,800. The pair of pattern coin is estimate to sell for RM400,000-RM660,000.
A Malaysia 1967 proof set of 5 pcs consisting of 1 sen PF66 RD CAMEO, 5 sen PF66 CAMEO, 10 sen PF66 CAMEO, 20 sen PF66 ULTRA CAMEO and 50 sen PF66 CAMEO. All coins are graded by Numismatic Guaranty Corporation (NGC). The Malaysia 1967 proof set is estimate to sell for RM15,000-RM19,000.
- A complete set of Prime Minister silver proof Medal minted by Mariwasa with original box is estimate to sell for RM2,800-RM3,500.
- KN Boon 1st edition of Standard Price Guide of Malaysia Banknotes and coins 1939-2002 is estimate to sell for RM20-RM50.
- A 200 year Anniversary of Police Force Silver Proof in official box is estimate to sell for RM1,600-RM1,800.
- 45th Anniversary of Independence 2002 Proof set of 3 is estimate to sell for RM3,800-RM6,200.
- 1000 Ringgit 6th series Jaafar Hussein Replacement serial no ZZ 0008674 PMG 66 EPQ is estimate to sell for RM12,000-RM16,000.
- 2 Ringgit 9th series Ali Abul Hassan Replacement serial no ZD 0264043 & ZD 0264045 UNC are estimate to sell for RM120-RM300.
- 10 Ringgit Silver Proof Thomas Uber Cup is estimate to sell for RM2,000-RM2,800.
- Copper Proof Pattern 1 Pice, (KN4) by Thomas Wyon junior, PCGS PR 62BN Pattern is estimate to sell for RM50,000-RM70,000.
- The pattern 1 pice 1810 (KN5) prepared by Lewis Pingo, Cheif Engraver of the Royal Mint, London type 2 is estimate to sell for RM50,000-RM70,000.
- Macau 10 Patacas Chinese Lunar year of the dragon, Bank of China & BNU Bank Match number pair. Serial no 5602000, 5602111, 5602222, 5602333, 5602444, 5602555, 5602666, 5602777, 5602888, 5602999. Rare UNC (20 pcs) is estimate to sell for RM250,000-RM350,000.
- China 1993 5 0z Gold Peacock 500 Yuan Proof coin Certificate of authenticity serial number 0000008 is estimate to sell for RM65,000-RM80,000.
- China (Macau) 1988 Gold Dragon Pattern and 1988 Silver Dragon Pattern PCGS PR67 DCAM is estimate to sell for RM110,000-RM150,000.
- 50 Ringgit 12th series commemorative banknote serial no. AA 0000821 PMG 66 EPQ is estimate to sell for RM800-RM2,000.
- 10 Ringgit 4th series Aziz Taha replacement banknote serial no X/1 159540 PMG 64 UNC is estimate to sell for RM800-RM1,200.
Here are my interview video with Mr. Koay:
For further information, you can contact Trigometric Sdn Bhd (Mr. Koay / MS Farah) at 03-7957 9566 or you can visit them at Amcorp Mall Petaling Jaya (Open everyday 10am – 6pm, except Monday and Public Holiday).