Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Antique Shop-Syarikat Tai fat heng-Jln Tun H. S Lee





Some people may not realize that there is one antique shop that sell banknote and coin along jalan Tun H.S Lee. Syarikat Tai Fat Heng has been around for over 50 years. This shop is just so near to Central Market and Kotaraya building. It is also the same row as where Petaling Street or Chinatown should be. They open their shop everyday from 9.00 am to 5.00 pm.



This is my hunting trip on 17 January 2009. This shop Sell many antique coins at a bargain price then most antique shop I found in Kuala Lumpur. Last time I found many Strait Settlements coins in this shop but in this trip I can only find one strait settlement coin. I don't realize that this shop also have a medal for sale until I come back and look back at this picture. One of my frequent buyer is a medal collector. Maybe will be checking them out again on my next hunting trip.


I cannot see any banknote during my visit here. Last time, this shop got some Malaya & British Borneo rare banknotes up for grab. Since I am not the only one looking for banknotes & coins, I guess someone already buy them all. This uncle keep looking at the street every time I take his picture. I also forget to asked for their phone number and their name. If you want to visit this place, just remember to used the same road from Pasar Seni LRT Station to Petaling Street and keep looking at shop on your right.