Tuesday, June 30, 2009

My 7 June 2009 Coin Hunting Trip in Butterworth Roadwalk

coin dealer

Until June this year I had been in Penang 3 times for my coin hunting trips. Sorry to all my frequent reader because I don't have time to post them lately. Some friends asked me why do I go to all the way to Penang to buy my stuff? the answer is simply because you can buy your coin, banknote, antiques or any collectibles much more cheaper in Penang. I will not come back empty handed when I am doing a hunting trip in Penang. I am doing blogging simply because I want to share where do I get my coin, banknote or paper money from. I don't like to buy my coin in normal coin shop because the higher price given.


coin seller
My latest hunting trip to Penang is in 7 June 2009. I am looking for King Edward VII 50 cents 1902 or 1903 coin. Never seen that coin for sale even once in my entire collecting life. I visited few coin friends in Penang. One of them is uncle Ah Kit in Butterworth Roadwalk. To all of my reader who had been buying from all my banknote and coin friends, thanks for supporting small time trader like us. It is good to hear that someone exactly is reading my blog and called my friends looking for something.

Malaysia 1 ringgit
malaysia 1971 coin
If you're looking for Malaysia 10 sen 1971 coin and Malaysia one ringgit Ali Abul signature at a cheaper price, Uncle Ah Kit is one seller you're looking for. He is one seller that I know who consistently have this rare Malaysia coin and rare Malaysia banknote. At my time of visit, Uncle Ah Kit have 2 pieces Malaysia 10 sen 1971 coin. one piece Malaysia 10 sen 1971 is in Extremely Fine condition and one piece is in Uncirculated condition. He also have one piece Very Fine condition Malaysia one ringgit Ali Abul signature. You can try to contact him about the price at his number 012-6727950. He also willing to post them to you via poslaju.


Malaysia IYA 2009 coin



Uncle Ah Kit also have some Malaysia Commemorative coin and China Commemorative coin for sale. One of the coin that everyone might be interested is International Year of Astronomy 2009 Commemorative coin. He has two of this commemorative coin on sale. Another one is Bank Negara Malaysia 50 years Anniversary Commemorative coin.


I remember some friend is asking my help on finding some old banknotes in Very Good condition. I check my e-mail but I cannot find who is asking about them. One of the banknotes is Malaya and British Borneo Queen Elizabeth 50 dollar banknote in fine condition. Another banknote is King George Malaya emergency issue 25 cents in fine condition. He is selling Malaya and British Borneo Queen Elizabeth 50 dollar banknote for RM250.00 and Malaya King George emergency issue 25 cents for RM200.

I cannot find what I am looking for in Uncle Ah Kit stall but I found some banknote and coin that interest me. Will be posting about them later on. I am back from a horrible months without Internet and will try to post in this blog frequently. Thank you for all my frequent blog reader and sorry If I still haven't reply any of your email or question. Please email your question again. Feel free to email me at lunaticg@gmail.com if you want some help on identifying your coin (especially Malaysia coin but will try to answer about any world coin). happy hunting.

Related posts: