I wish an early Selamat Hari Raya Aidilfitri to all my readers and friends. This year, Hari Raya might be celebrated on 18 or 19 August 2012. Muslim celebrate Hari Raya after 29 or 30 days of fasting during the entire month of Ramadan. In Malaysia, it is already a custom people will celebrate it with rendang, lemang, ketupat and also a green packet or ang pow given to children who come to our house to celebrate Hari Raya. Many people will exchange their notes with new banknote from commercial bank to be use for the green packet. This year, the new Malaysia banknotes come into circulation, some banks are already out of stock for the new banknotes.
Some of you might already on your way to balik kampung, wish you have a safe journey. Some of you might be going home for a holiday starting this Friday. Before you start your journey, make sure you already service and check your car. PLUS (Projek Lebuhraya Utara Selatan) has released a travel time advisory during Hari Raya, I share about it in here so you can plan what are the best day for your journey. I know that all roads will be jammed packed with vehicles during holidays, just make sure you bring food and drink with you while traveling.
Hari Raya also have different names around the world, here are some of it:
- Malaysia, Singapore, Brunei-Hari Raya Puasa, Hari Lebaran, Aidilfitri.
- Indonesia-Idul Fitri, Hari Lebaran.
- Philippines-Wakas ng Ramadan, Hari Raya Puasa.
- Tamil-Nonbu Perunaal.
- Javanese-Riyoyo, Riyayan, Rozar Eid Bengali, Ngaidul Fitri.
- Sundanese-Boboran Siyam.
- Acehnese-Uroë Raya Puasa.
- Bangladesh-Rojar Eid.
- Turkish-Ramazan Bayramı, Şeker Bayramı, Küçük Bayram.
- Kyrgyz-Orozo Mayram.
- Uyghur-Rozi Heyt.
- Sindhi-Eid Nimaz.
- Pashto-Kochnay hi supAkhtar (کوچنی اختر).
- Persian- Eid-e Sa'eed-e Fitr (The Mirthful Festival of Fitr).
- Urdu-Choti Eid, Meethi Eid.
- Malayalam-Cheriya Perunnal.
- Bosnian-Ramazanski bajram.
- Kurdish-Cejna Remezanê.
- Croatian-Ramazanski bajram.
- Serbian-Рамазански бајрам.
- Bulgarian-Рамазан Байрам.
- Somali-Ciid Yare.
- Ethiopia-Id al-Fater.
Selamat Hari Raya Aidilfitri to all of you and I ask for forgiveness if I had been doing any mistake with anyone in the past. Happy holiday to everyone.