Monday, November 28, 2011

The Mall Flea Market

Its been a while since I update my Flea Market list. They're few Flea Market in KL that I have not share in my blog before, one of them is The Mall Flea Market. The Mall is a shopping mall beside PWTC (Putra World Trade Center). I had been receiving information about this flea market for almost a year. The last time I go check this Flea market, I don't find anyone selling coins or banknotes. After a failed coin hunting trip today at Sasana Kijang, I go for lunch in the Mall. On the way back to car park, I found Mr Ng from Summit USJ Flea Market. he don't remember me but his printed Malaysia Banknote sheet will make me remember him forever.
The Mall Flea Market

Mr. Ng told me, it has been a year since he change his location to The Mall. Last time the flea market only open on Friday, Saturday and Sunday. They start to open everyday since the last 2 months. The Flea market start a bit late, around 11 am and they're only around 3 sellers who sale coin and banknote. Most of the Sellers in here sell cloth and women accessories. If you had been to Amcorp Mall Flea Market, don't put your expectation too high on this one. I maybe come in there a bit early, most of the sellers still arranging their item for display.



Its not that hard to find the mall Kuala Lumpur, If you're driving, try find Jalan Sultan Ismail signboard and head to PWTC, the mall is beside PWTC. If you're using Star LRT, you can stop at stesen LRT PWTC station. If you're using KTM Komuter, you need to stop at Putra KTM Komuter station. Most people will be heading to The Mall, you can follow them or ask anyone for direction. Its just around 150 meters walk from both the stations to the Mall. The flea market is on the lower ground (LG) level.

Beside Uncle NG, there is another uncle who also selling coins and banknotes. He a little bit shy and I only get to take his picture once. He told me he once open a shop at Jalan Maharajalela. I seen him before some where but don't remember where. His collection is a little bit more then what Uncle Ng have but most of them is in circulated condition. If you're looking for Malaysia Parliament coin series to complete your collection, you can try find him. I am not sure if he got any good collection for sale since he is busy and I don't want to disturb him. Just look at some of the collection he have for sale.