The new king installation are unique because:
- Tuanku Abdul Halim was installed as the Fifth Yang di-Pertuan Agong on 21 September 1970 and as the 14th Yang diPertuan Agong in 2012. Tuanku became the first person to hold the position twice under Malaysia’s unique rotating monarchy.
- In 1970, Malaysia Prime Minister at that time is Tun Abdul Razak Hussein, in 2012, Malaysia Prime Minister is Tun Abdul Razak son, Datuk Seri Najib Tun Razak.
- Tuanku Abdul Halim installation ceremony is the first ceremony held at the New Istana Negara.
- He was installed as Sultan of Kedah on 20 February 1959. He is one of the long serving monarchs in the world.
- He is the third youngest monarch to ascend the throne of Yang di-Pertuan Agong after Tuanku Syed Putra of Perlis and Tuanku Mizan Zainal Abidin of Terengganu.
- On 2 November 2006, Tuanku Abdul Halim was for the second time elected Deputy Yang di-Pertuan Agong to serve a five-year term. He is the third person to have been elected twice to this office, after Tuanku Jaafar of Negeri Sembilan and Sultan Mizan Zainal Abidin of Terengganu.
Here are a full video of the coronation ceremony, 3 hours 11 minutes 50 seconds:
00:59:40 - His Majesty's arrival
01:01:40 - Royal salute
01:45:10 - HRH entered the ceremonial hall
01:48:50 - Installation ceremony began
02:00:55 - Proclamation by the Prime Minister
02:08:25 - HRH taking the oath of office
02:11:40 - Long Live The King & National Anthem
Here are some pictures of the ceremony:
Source: Wikipedia, NST, The Star, Bernama.