Paper Money Guaranty (PMG) is offering a special label for the RM60 (60 Malaysian ringgits) and RM600 banknotes being issued by Bank Negara Malaysia to commemorate the 60th anniversary of the signing of the Federation of Malaya Independence Agreement.
Modern Malaysia had its origins in 1957, when the more-populous western part of it became independent from the United Kingdom as the Federation of Malaya. The eastern portion joined in 1963, and the name Malaysia was adopted.
Note: This special “Malaysia 60th Anniversary of Independence” label will be available until December 31, 2018. Notes will then receive the PMG Standard Green Label.
The special PMG label pays tribute to Malaysia's self-determination by showing the crescent moon and 14-point star from the Malaysian flag, elements that are also present on the note's front, along with the 15 monarchs who have presided in the past 60 years. The back of the note shows nine of the original signatories of the independence agreement.
The banknotes will be available as a single RM60, an uncut sheet of three RM60s, and a RM600 note. The RM600 measures 370 mm x 220 mm (14.5 inches by 8.6 inches), and is reportedly the largest banknote in the world; only 6,000 of them are being printed.
The special PMG label is available at no additional charge, provided notes are submitted according to the special submission instructions below.
- Submit the Malaysia 60th Anniversary of Independence notes under any applicable PMG grading tier. These notes must be submitted on a separate PMG Submission Form to receive the special label.
- Write "Malaysia 60th Anniversary of Independence" in bold letters on the PMG Submission Form to request this special label.
- If you would prefer the PMG Standard Green label, write “PMG Standard Green Label” on the PMG Submission Form.
- The single RM60 fits in PMG's Standard Holder; an uncut sheet of three RM60s fits in PMG's Custom Holder Small (additional fee of $25 USD); and the RM600 note fits in PMG's Custom Holder Large (additional fee of $50 USD). Please note that requests that involve different size holders must be submitted on different submission forms.
- Notes received by PMG within 30 days of release are eligible for the “Early Releases” or “First Releases” special designations. There is an additional fee of $10 (USD) per note for the special designation verification and attribution. If you would like the “Early Releases” designation, write “Early Releases” in bold letters on the PMG Submission Form. If you would like the “First Releases” designation, write “First Releases” in bold letters on the PMG Submission Form. Submit Early Releases and First Releases notes on separate submission forms. Submissions must be received by PMG on or before Monday, February 26, 2018, to be eligible for the Early Releases and First Releases designations. See cutoff dates >
- If you would like the original packaging returned, select or write “Return Packaging” in bold letters on the PMG Submission Form. If Return Packaging is selected, there will be an additional fee of $5 (USD) per invoice, as well as an additional shipping cost, depending on the weight of the packaging.
You can contact Trigometric Sdn Bhd, Malaysia official authorised Paper Money Guaranty (PMG) member at email@example.com or +(603) 7957 9566 for more info.