Monday, August 19, 2013

How much gold silver can I bring into Malaysia

Many of my readers who read my post about How much money can I bring into Malaysia also ask me "How much gold or silver can I bring into Malaysia".

I try to asked some of my friends who worked in Royal Malaysia Customs department, most of them reply the same thing, The value of the gold or silver that you bring into Malaysia must not exceed USD10,000 or more.

Please be informed, they will not count a denomination value for legal tender coins but current gold market value.

Most entry point will have at least one guy from Royal Malaysia Custom department who knew a little bit about current trend of gold bullion, silver bullion, gold bar, silver bar, gold dinar or any other gold silver investment.

If your items worth more then that, you must make a declaration in Customs form No. 22. The Customs form No. 22 will be made available at counters located before the Customs Checkpoints at all entry and exit points of Malaysia.

999.9 gold

For amount of money/currency that exceeds the limit allowed into Malaysia (USD10,000), you may obtain foreign exchange approval from regulators if necessary. Non-resident travelers may obtain foreign exchange approval from regulators if necessary to bring the value of the currency exceeds the limit allowed into Malaysia.

Applications can be submitted to Bank Negara Malaysia by completing form 13 through the following website:
http://www.bnm.gov.my/microsites/fxadmin/0103_application_forms.htm
or submitted via written application to Foreign Exchange Administration Department, Bank Negara Malaysia.

For Custom forms 22, you can download it here:
http://www.bnm.gov.my/files/new_currency_declaration/en.custom.form.22.pdf

For further information, members of the public can contact the Royal Malaysian Customs Department or Bank Negara Malaysia at the following contact points:

Royal Malaysian Customs Department
Public Relations Division
Royal Malaysian Customs Department Headquarters
Tel: 1-800-88-8855/+6 03-8882 4803/+6 03-8882 2929 or
E-mail: kastam@customs.gov.my/aduan@customs.gov.my
Website: http://www.customs.gov.my

Bank Negara Malaysia
BNMTELELINK (Customer Service Call Centre)
Tel: 1-300-88-5465 or
E-mail: bnmtelelink@bnm.gov.my
Website: http://www.bnm.gov.my