Tuesday, July 27, 2010

A piece of coin for 50,000?

Yesterday, everyone seem asking me almost the same question; why some mudah.my seller can sell their item for 50,000 ringgit? Some reader of this blog even email me that I valued his item at a lower price but some mudah sellers can sell the same item at RM50,000? Another reader sms me asking do I know why some people selling their 1971 1 ringgit circulated coins at a high price? Checking on mudah today, I found some ads that are almost similar to what my readers are telling me.


  • Straits settlement coin 1 cents (Straits Settlements 1914 King George V 1 cent)Price: RM 50 000.
  • Syiling antik 1 sen (British North Borneo 1904 1 cent) Price: RM 5 000.
  • Queen Victoria 3 Quarter Cent 1824 Price: RM 2 500.
  • Koleksi Coins Antik Penemuan Asli 16pc (this guy is telling that he found the item using metal detecting) Price: RM 15 000.
  • Syiling lama Zaman British (5 pieces of coins) Price: RM 10 000.

Why they can put their item at a high price like this and I am telling some of you, your coins (the same coin) only valued at face value? I already tell that in my earlier post, This blog only for collector: It is legal for me to offer anything to you and it is also legal for you to turn it down. In the mudah sellers case, it is legal for them to offer any price that they deemed necessary. Its up to the buyer to decide want to buy their item or not.

Other thing that you need to know, not everyone in Malaysia is a collector and not everyone know the market value of every coins. Sometimes, I myself need a help on other collector knowledge about the value of some item. If you were a collector will you buy any item with a ridiculous price like that? Most collector will be laughing when saw that ads and go away from that kind of ads. Putting item on sell is other thing but do people buy them? Everyone can put as high price as they want but in the end its up to the buyer to decide.

Most people are saying this bunch of mudah seller is a scammer, a fraudster and a conman who trying to get rich quick and make money fast. Who know. Maybe that is the only way that can help them earn quick money fast. Some of them maybe a little short on cash and were thinking that selling antique, collectible or old coin like that can help them. For me, i don't bother how other people make business by cheating their customer like that. As long as I try my best to be honest with all my buyer. If you want to join them, I will say "good luck" and welcome to my Mudah advertising jokes collections. Just wish you will be number one because I will post that soon.

Do any of you feeling dissatisfied with any ridiculous price in mudah.my ads lately?