Another Small banknote in my collection is Republic of Croatia or Republika Hrvatska 1991-1993 issue banknote. In 1991, notes were introduced in denominations of 1, 5, 10, 25, 100, 500 and 1000 dinara, with 2000, 5000 and 10,000 dinara notes added in 1992 and 50,000 and 100,000 dinara in 1993. The obverse of all banknotes was the same, with a picture of Ragusan scientist Ruđer Bošković. Notes up to 1000 dinara had Zagreb cathedral on reverse. The higher denominations featured the Ivan Meštrović sculpture History of the Croats on the reverse. The 1 dinar size is approximately at 53 mm x 105 mm.
The dinar was the currency of Croatia between December 23, 1991, and May 30, 1994. The ISO 4217 code was HRD. The Croatian dinar replaced the 1990 version of Yugoslav dinar at par. It was a transitional currency introduced following Croatia's declaration of independence from Yugoslavia. During its existence the, dinar declined in value by a factor of about 70. The dinar was replaced by the kuna at a rate of 1 kuna = 1000 dinara. The word "kuna" derived from the Russian "cunica" which means marten, reflects the use of furs for money in medieval eastern Europe.
Roger Joseph Boscovich (18 May 1711 – 13 February 1787) was a physicist, astronomer, mathematician, philosopher, diplomat, poet, and Jesuit from Ragusa (today Dubrovnik, in Croatia) who lived for a time in France, England and some Italian states. He is famous for his atomic theory, given as a clear, precisely-formulated system utilizing principles of Newtonian mechanics.In 1753 he also discovered the absence of atmosphere on the Moon
Zagreb Cathedral on Kaptol is probably the most famous building in Zagreb, as its spires can be seen from many locations in the city. The building of the cathedral started in the 11th century (1093), although the building was razed to the ground by the Tatars in 1242. At the end of the 15th century, the Ottoman Empire invaded Bosnia and Croatia, triggering the construction of fortification walls around the cathedral. Few of these fortifications are still intact.
In the 17th century, a fortified renaissance watchtower was erected on the south side, and was used as a military observation point, because of the Ottoman threat. In 1880, the cathedral was severely damaged in an earthquake. The main nave collapsed and the tower was damaged beyond repair. The restoration of the cathedral in the neogothic style was made by Hermann Bollé, bringing the cathedral to its present form. As part of that restoration, two spires of 105 m height were raised on the western side, both of which are in the process of being restored during a massive general restoration of the cathedral.
Source: Wikipedia, Krause Publication