Congratulation to Trigometric Sdn Bhd for another very successful auction. Trigometric Auction 5 held today at Hilton Hotel Petaling Jaya, (P.J. Hilton), Petaling Jaya, Selangor. Malaysian fancy number banknotes has become top highlight in Trigometric Auction 5.
The auction room is packed today with some great competitive bidding during Malaysia banknotes section in the afternoon. Auction start at 11.00 am with coins and world banknotes.
A Proof set of 3 Langkawi International Maritime & Aerospace (LIMA) Commemorative Coins (Lot 136) with certificate no. 038 sold for RM7,800 (excluding buyer premium). Only 100 set, Proof set of 3 Langkawi International Maritime & Aerospace (LIMA) Commemorative Coins issued by Bank Negara Malaysia in 2003. The Proof set of 3 coins is the highest price for coins in this auction.
The highest price for today auction is a 5 Ringgit 3rd Series signed by Ismail Md.Ali Low number, Serial no. B/10 000001 - 000010 sold for RM40,000 (excluding buyer premium). The banknotes sets are in Almost Uncirculated-Uncirculated, Rare in this condition. The price realised is above Trigometric's RM10,000 to RM18,000 estimate.
Another highlight for this auction is a set of 10 pcs Solid 1's until 9's & Golden Number 10 Ringgit 3rd Series Signed by Ismail Md.Ali sold for RM34,000 (excluding buyer premium). The set consists of Solid 1's - 9's & Golden Number; Serial no. F/42 111111, F/48 222222, F/48 333333, F/41 444444, F/45 555555, F/42 666666, F/45 777777, F/47 888888, F/42 999999, F/42 1000000.
A 1 Ringgit 5th Series Sign Aziz Taha First Prefix Solid 4's, Serial no. AA 4444444 in Uncirculated condition (Lot 476) sold for RM10,000 (excluding buyer premium) above Trigometric's RM1,200 to RM1,800 estimate.
Other highlights of the auction:
- Lot 11: 1993 The Wedding of His Imperial Highness The Crown - Sold RM3,200.
- Lot 43: 1976 Mongolia Conservation of wildlife, Gold 750 Tugrik - Sold RM7,000.
- Lot 135: 2002 Malaysia 45th Anniversary of Indepen-dence (KN59) - Sold RM5,000.
- Lot 138: 2004 Malaysia 100 Years of Tunku Abdul Rahman Putra - Sold RM6,500.
- Lot 153: China, 10 Yuan 2008 Commemorative Beijing Olympic - Sold RM3,400.
- Lot 160: Bank of China 100 Yuan (2005) Solid no 111111 - 000000 - Sold RM2,900.
- Lot 217: Hong Kong, BOC 2013 1000 Dollars - Sold RM4,500.
- Lot 461: 5 Ringgit 3rd Series Sign. Ismail Md.Ali, Solid 1's - Sold RM3,700.
- Lot 462: 5 Ringgit 3rd Series Sign. Ismail Md.Ali, Solid 6's - Sold RM3,700.
- Lot 463: 5 Ringgit 3rd Series Sign. Ismail Md.Ali, Solid 8's - Sold RM7,500.
- Lot 464: 5 Ringgit 3rd Series Sign. Ismail Md.Ali, Solid 9's - Sold RM6,000.
- Lot 466: 10 Ringgit 3rd Series Sign. Ismail Md.Ali, Solid 2's - Sold RM2,300.
- Lot 467: 10 Ringgit 3rd Series Sign. Ismail Md.Ali, Solid 6's - Sold RM3,400.
- Lot 472: $1 4th Series Sign. Aziz Taha, Solid 1's - 0's (10pcs) - Sold RM14,000.
- Lot 481: 1 Ringgit 5th Series Sign Aziz Taha, Solid 7's - Sold RM11,000.
- Lot 484: 5 Ringgit 5th Series Sign Aziz Taha, Solid 4's - Sold RM11,000.
- Lot 486: 20 Ringgit 5th Series Sign. Aziz Taha, Solid 2's - Sold RM15,000.
- Lot 488: 100 Ringgit 5th Series Sign. Aziz Taha, Solid 4's - Sold RM16,000.
- Lot 523: 5 Ringgit 3rd Series Sign. Ismail Md.Ali, Golden Number - Sold RM7,500.
- Lot 525: 50 Ringgit 3rd Series Sign. Ismail Md.Ali, Golden Number - Sold RM7,500.
- Lot 532: 10 Ringgit 3rd Series Sign. Ismail Md.Ali, Low Number - Sold RM20,000.
- Lot 534: 10 Ringgit 4th Series Sign. Aziz Taha, Low Number - Sold RM25,000.
- Lot 546: 1 Ringgit 11th Series Sign. Zeti Aziz (1,000pcs) - Sold RM13,000.
- Lot 566: Straits Settlement 1906 1 Dollar (P1a:KNB1) - Sold RM8,500.
- Lot 583: British North Borneo 1922 DEC 1, 5 Dollars - Sold RM7,000.
- Lot 591: Malaya 1940 $10 (KNB5a:P1) Serial no. A/5 0036870 - Sold RM5,000.
- Lot 641: 1949 Malaya Petrol Coupon 5, 5, and 10 units (3pcs) - Sold RM1,500.
- Lot 647: China 1990-1991, 1st Zodiac First Day Cover (12pcs) - Sold RM4,600.
- Lot 649: China 1990-1991, 1st Zodiac First Day Cover (12pcs) - Sold RM4,200.
All price exclude buyer's premium and 6% gst on buyer's premium. Buyer premium is 15% for floor bid and 20% for liveauctioneers.com internet bidding. All auction lot winners can start to collect their winning lot tommorow at Trigometric Sdn Bhd, Amcorp Mall.
"2017 Trigo Kuala Lumpur International Money Show" will start tommorow until 19 March 2017 at the same venue (PJ Hilton). The money show will start at 10.00 am until 6.00 pm. Everyone are invited to Trigometric's Inaugural Money Show.
Numismatics company that will be coming to Trigo Kuala Lumpur International Money Show:
- Numismatic Guaranty Corporation® (NGC®)
- Numismatic Conservation Services® (NCS®)
- Paper Money Guaranty® (PMG®)
- PCGS Currency
- Professional Coin Grading Service (PCGS®)
- Stacks Bowers Numismatic Auctions
- Spink & Son
- Collectibles Auction Asia (CAA)
- Shanghai Mint Co., Ltd.
- Shenyang Mint Co., Ltd.
- Nanchang Banknote Printing Co., Ltd.
- China Gold Coin Inc. (CGCI)
- China Association of Collectors
- Beijing China Numismatic Authentication & Grading Ltd.
- Monetarium Singapore