Before you read the rest of this article, make sure you read this first: Investor or Collector?
Here are list of mistake by Malaysian collector:
1. Believe what Dealer said what to invest.
2. Don't buy any book for guidance.
3. Don't know when to let go their investment (small/short time investor).
4. Don't know market value of their investment.
5. They forget about grading, they just collect what they can find.
6. Collect what their friends are collecting.
7. They want rare item but don't want to learn how to check for counterfeit.
8. They buy expensive item but don't care where they put it.
9. Cleaning their coins and banknotes.
10. Buying cheap item online.
Have you done any of the mistake above?